Check this out, everyone. Probably the most interesting 11 minutes you’ll spend today.
Fathers: I was remiss last week in wishing you a Happy Father’s Day.
So, all I can do is hope that you had a good day, that your wife gave you a little time away from the lawn mower, and that you didn’t burn the steaks.
Looking at a few of the columns that I have written around Father’s Day: Continue reading
The Oswego County Legislature has adopted summer hours for departments in the Legislative Office Building at 46 E. Bridge St., Oswego. Continue reading
The Charles E. Gallagher Swimming Pool will open for the 2014 season at 12:30 p.m. Friday, June 27.
Public swim will be between the hours of 12:30 and 5 p.m. and family swim will be held from 5 to 7 p.m.
By Debra J. Groom
After maple syrup, is there anything that says sweet and delectable more than strawberries?
Those beautiful, plump, red, juicy fruits are out now across Oswego County. Most growers say the crop looks good and plentiful and delicious.
Auditions for CNY Arts Center production of “Romeo and Juliet” are set for this Thursday and Friday, June 19 and 20 from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m., and Sunday, June 22, from 4 to 6 p.m. at its theatre located at 357 State St. in the Methodist Church. Continue reading
Area high schools are holding their commencement exercises next weekend.
- Mexico Academy and Central School, Mexico: 7 p.m. Friday, June 27 at High School Athletic Field. In case of rain, the ceremony will be held in the gymnasium.
- Hannibal High School, Hannibal: 7:30 p.m. Friday, June 27 at Lockwood Auditorium, Hannibal High School
- G. Ray Bodley High School, Fulton: 10 a.m. Saturday, June 28 at the Fulton War Memorial
- J.C. Birdlebough High School, Phoenix: 10 a.m. Saturday, June 28 at JCB Gymnasium
- Oswego High School, Oswego: 10 a.m. Saturday, June 28 at SUNY Oswego Campus Center
Submitted by Oswego County BOCES
The Fulton City School District is still accepting registrations for the Universal Pre-Kindergarten program.
The program aims to provide children with the foundation for future school success by developing skills in literacy and numeracy. Continue reading