The first clue of the Treasure Fulton Parks 2015 Medallion Hunt, brought to you by Friends of Fulton Parks, Par-K Enterprises and The Valley news, appears below, as well as on page 6 of today’s edition.
The clue can be used to locate a medallion hidden in one of Fulton’s parks by volunteers from Friends of Fulton Parks. On Saturday, June 27, a second clue on the medallion’s location will appear in both The Valley News and the Oswego County Advertiser. A photo of the medallion appears here, along with a map of Fulton outlining where its parks can be found.
The first person to find the medallion and return it FOFP will be rewarded with a $250 shopping spree courtesy of The Valley News and the participating businesses. The winner will be awarded five $50 gift certificates from their choice of five different businesses who are sponsoring this year’s event. In addition to the medallion, some other items will be hidden during the event that can also be redeemed for prizes.
Each day, a separate clue will appear on www.valleynewsonline.com regarding the locations of some stones (see photo) hidden by FOFP members. These stones will be hidden in a different park each day. Go to that park and find the stone for that day. Try to collect a stone from each of the 10 parks. Each collection will be awarded a playground prize through FOFP.
The group will also hide four letter tiles (see photo) throughout the parks. There will be no clues for this search, but anyone who finds a tile will get to redeem it through FOFP for a $25 gift card.
Rules for the treasure hunt:
1. The Treasure Hunt begins at sunrise on Wednesday, June 24, and ends at sunset on Saturday, June 27.
2. The medallion, tiles and stones are all hidden in the 10 parks listed on the map. Search during daylight hours only.
3. Be safe. The items are not hidden near the road or water bodies. Keep your feet on the ground. There is no need to climb or dig. Search at your own risk.
4. The contest is open to all ages. Board members of Friends of Fulton Parks, employees of the Valley News and prior year grand prize winners are not eligible for prizes.
5. The person who finds the medallion or tiles must notify Friends of Fulton Parks as soon as possible, by calling 402-7431. Once verified, the winner will be posted on valleynewsonline.com
6. The grand prize, awarded to whoever finds to medallion, is a $250 shopping spree that includes five $50 gift cards for our participating sponsors, courtesy of the Valley News.
7. Only one prize awarded per household. Winners are responsible for taxes on their winnings.
8. The Valley News, Friends of Fulton Parks, and the City of Fulton are not responsible for any perceived loss or damage related to this contest.
Stones Search Clues: Wednesday 6/24
In 2014, the challenge was to find the park when given its name. This year, a park fact will give you the clue to the location of the stones of the day.
Find today’s stones in these parks:
1) This park is named after the family who built it, near the circle.
2) This park has a toddler playground named for a local author
Medallion Hunt Clue #1:
“I think that I shall never see a poem lovely as a tree” —Joyce Kilmer.
Swing to the left or picnic to the right. Don’t get stumped, choose the right path.