Tag Archives: Scriba Bicentennial Celebration

Pictured is the Landrigan-Lose house on Route 104 in Scriba. The home will be one of eight locations that will have an open house as part of the Scriba Bicentennial Celebration’s self-driving tour.

Self-driving tour part of the Scriba Bicentennial Celebration

Pictured is the Landrigan-Lose house on Route 104 in Scriba. The home will be one of eight locations that will have an open house as part of the Scriba Bicentennial Celebration’s self-driving tour.

One of the activities of the Scriba Bicentennial Celebration is a self-driving tour of the historic homes, structures and sites of interest in the township.

There are many such places in Scriba, but a sampling of nearly 50 of them are included in a  brochure, which will be available at the Scriba Municipal Building, the Scriba Justice Center, or the Scriba Fire Station during the celebration June 16 and 17.

The text is by Dr. Helen M. Breitbeck and includes a brief description and location of each site. Brochures will be available after the event as well.

Continue reading

Vintage quilts to be featured during Scriba Bicentennial Celebration

The Scriba Bicentennial Celebration June 16 and 17 will feature an exhibition of vintage quilts associated with the Town of Scriba.

Among the early entries are an autograph quilt made in 1895 by the women associated with the men who fought in the Civil War – the Grand Army of the Republic (G.A.R.), and a quilt owned by the Coon family.

The committee is looking for more quilts or quilt related items to include in the display.

Continue reading