Welcome to the events listing for CNY Arts Center. There’s a lot happening! Look for us here every week with the latest classes and events. Make your plans and don’t miss out! Pre-registration greatly recommended so your favorite class doesn’t fill up! Visit www.CNYArtsCenter.com for details.
• Saturday Writers’ Club Nov. 17 from 1 to 5 p.m. for ages 8-15 with Karen Burke and Jim Farfaglia. This club is for young people who like to write. Each month the instructors will offer young writers a place to learn writing skills, practice them and share their efforts with others. The club will also feature guest speakers and announce events, contests and opportunities for young writers. Students are eligible to attend one time or every month!
• Launching Your Writing Journey Nov. 17 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. with Carolyn Dougherty. In this one-day class for beginning writers, we will discuss how to identify and set specific goals for projects, build confidence by reviewing basic elements of writing, and share tips to stay motivated throughout the entire writing process. Pre-registration is required.
• Oil Painting Workshop Saturday, Nov. 20 from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. with Bonnie McClellan. “Soaring Eagle” Wet on wet technique, landscapes, step by step instruction in group setting start with a blank canvas, walk out with your very own painting. Wear old clothes, smock or apron. It is a four-hour workshop with all materials provided. Pre-registration is required.
• Ink Drawing Nov. 21 from 6 to 8 p.m. with Bonnie McClellan. Learn different styles use, techniques, working with different papers and pens, brushes, adding color, drawing subjects are student’s choice. Pre-registration is required.
• Kids Day Out Saturday, Nov. 24 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Child care while you shop. There will be arts and crafts, story time, games. Qualified adults are always in charge. Please provide snack and/or lunch for your child.
• Artist Cafe Nov. 25 from 6 to 9 p.m. for those 18 years and older. Join the growing artist community at this event designed to get artists together for the love of art! Bring your portfolio to share, meet other artists of all skill levels, mediums and interests, exchange ideas and feedback and just enjoy talking with other artists. Refreshments will be available for purchase, hot beverages, cookies and other pastries.
• Artist Spotlight Nov. 28 at 7 p.m. This monthly event will feature the work of a local artist who will then teach a class at the arts center in the following month. Mixed Media Artist Kendra Matott kicks off this new program with an exhibit and presentation on her style, technique and unique art. Kendra will teach a class in January. There is no charge for this event and refreshments will be provided.
• Writing Your Holiday Gift Fridays, Nov. 30, Dec. 7 and Dec. 14 from 1 to 3 p.m. with Jim Farfaglia. During the busy holiday season why not take some time to create your loved ones a special gift of your writing. This class will help you select an appropriate topic and writing form (memoir, poetry, fiction, etc), then will guide you through the process of creating your finished gift. No previous writing experience is necessary.
The CNY Arts Center is located in the lower level of State St. Methodist Church, 357 State St., Fulton. Attendees are asked to use the Park Street entrance. Those seeking to pre-register for classes may visit www.CNYArtsCenter.com or call 592-3373.