Here are local college students who have graduated, earned awards or been named to dean’s or president’s lists at their colleges: Continue reading
In today’s edition of Valley Viewpoints, County Legislator Frank Castiglia Jr. reflects on how the legislature plans to save money. Continue reading
Check this out, everyone. Probably the most interesting 11 minutes you’ll spend today.
The Oswego County Legislature has adopted summer hours for departments in the Legislative Office Building at 46 E. Bridge St., Oswego. Continue reading
By Debra J. Groom
After maple syrup, is there anything that says sweet and delectable more than strawberries?
Those beautiful, plump, red, juicy fruits are out now across Oswego County. Most growers say the crop looks good and plentiful and delicious.
Area high schools are holding their commencement exercises next weekend.
- Mexico Academy and Central School, Mexico: 7 p.m. Friday, June 27 at High School Athletic Field. In case of rain, the ceremony will be held in the gymnasium.
- Hannibal High School, Hannibal: 7:30 p.m. Friday, June 27 at Lockwood Auditorium, Hannibal High School
- G. Ray Bodley High School, Fulton: 10 a.m. Saturday, June 28 at the Fulton War Memorial
- J.C. Birdlebough High School, Phoenix: 10 a.m. Saturday, June 28 at JCB Gymnasium
- Oswego High School, Oswego: 10 a.m. Saturday, June 28 at SUNY Oswego Campus Center
Submitted by Oswego County BOCES
The Fulton City School District is still accepting registrations for the Universal Pre-Kindergarten program.
The program aims to provide children with the foundation for future school success by developing skills in literacy and numeracy. Continue reading
By Debra J. Groom
It’s time for a few updates on what’s been going on at The Valley News.
First off, let me wish everyone a happy summer and happy bass season. Summer starts today and I welcome all that comes with it — warmer temperatures (not hot, mind you, just warm, say 80 degrees), sunshine, camping, flowers, fresh veggies and fruits, sleeping with the windows open and of course, fishing. Continue reading