The cities of Fulton and Oswego are receiving state grants to rehabilitate and build low- and moderate-income housing.
The competitive awards are made to local municipalities and nonprofits to help revitalize community and drive local economic activity. Continue reading
By Ashley M. Casey
Fulton’s “biggest small amusement park” is celebrating its 35th anniversary.
Thunder Island, located in Granby, opens for the season June 27. Continue reading
Here are local college students who have graduated, earned awards or been named to dean’s or president’s lists at their colleges: Continue reading
In today’s edition of Valley Viewpoints, County Legislator Frank Castiglia Jr. reflects on how the legislature plans to save money. Continue reading
Oswego County School PSA on Drugs
Check this out, everyone. Probably the most interesting 11 minutes you’ll spend today.
The Oswego County Legislature has adopted summer hours for departments in the Legislative Office Building at 46 E. Bridge St., Oswego. Continue reading
By Debra J. Groom
After maple syrup, is there anything that says sweet and delectable more than strawberries?
Those beautiful, plump, red, juicy fruits are out now across Oswego County. Most growers say the crop looks good and plentiful and delicious.
Area high schools are holding their commencement exercises next weekend.
- Mexico Academy and Central School, Mexico: 7 p.m. Friday, June 27 at High School Athletic Field. In case of rain, the ceremony will be held in the gymnasium.
- Hannibal High School, Hannibal: 7:30 p.m. Friday, June 27 at Lockwood Auditorium, Hannibal High School
- G. Ray Bodley High School, Fulton: 10 a.m. Saturday, June 28 at the Fulton War Memorial
- J.C. Birdlebough High School, Phoenix: 10 a.m. Saturday, June 28 at JCB Gymnasium
- Oswego High School, Oswego: 10 a.m. Saturday, June 28 at SUNY Oswego Campus Center