News from the federal Labor Department:
Recovery work should not put you in the recovery room.
- Being struck by falling objects such as tree limbs and utility poles
- Falls while working in aerial lifts or on ladders
- Lacerations or amputations from unguarded or improperly operated chain saws and power tools
- Heat exhaustion, heat stress, heat stroke
- Electrocution due to downed power lines or downed objects in contact with power lines
- Burns from fires caused by energized line contact or equipment failure
Facebook and news outlets are alive with news of the Midway Drive-In — an icon in Oswego County — being hit badly in Tuesday’s storm.
Photos show the screen shredded. The drive-in is a popular spot in the county often showing two to three different movies each night.
The Midway Drive-In is midway between Fulton and Oswego, near Minetto, on Route 48.
Oswego Police are urging residents to be careful due to downed trees throughout the city.
On Tuesday, July 8, the city of Oswego experienced high winds which caused some significant damage in the form of fallen trees, downed power lines, and various power outages throughout the City of Oswego.
Longtime shipwreck hunters from the Rochester area have discovered a different type of wreckage in Lake Ontario off Oswego.
According to a press release, the wreck of a U.S. Air Force C-45 aircraft abandoned during flight by its crew in 1952 has been located in deep water off Oswego.
Sunday July 6 – Family Day
9 a.m. Youth Rabbit Show
9 a.m. ARBA Open Sanctioned Rabbit Show
10 a.m. Church Service (grandstand)
By Ashley M. Casey
A contractor was killed Monday June 30 in an accident in the recycling area of the Novelis plant in Scriba. Continue reading