Spring is arriving and it is time for creative renewal to begin at the Art Association of Oswego.
The AAO is located across from Fort Ontario overlooking Lake Ontario.
The purpose of this organization is to further art appreciation, art education and the cultural enrichment of the surrounding areas.
Exhibitions and workshops will begin the new season with the annual Statewide-Lakeside juried art exhibition opening reception March 23.
Many more events, exhibitions and workshops will be held throughout the summer and fall months.
Registration for the following workshops is handled by the instructors. Space is limited and participants should register in advance.
• Introduction to Stained Glass
Wednesdays, March 11 and 13 from 6 to 9 p.m. or Tuesday, April 9 and Thursday, April 11 from 6 to 9 p.m. Instructor is Laurie Kester, 343-6599.
This workshop is for 16 years and older to learn the craft of stained glass. All tools and materials will be supplied. There is a fee to register for the class.
• Stained Glass Window Panel
Wednesdays, April 17 through May 22 from 6 to 9 p.m. There is a tuition fee. Instructor is Laurie Kester, 343-6599.
This is a six-week course for adults interested in designing their own stained glass window panel.
• Hand-Built Pottery Tuesdays April 2 through May 7 from 6 to 9 p.m. There is a tuition fee. Instructor is Sandra Dowie, 947-6000.
This is a six-week class and you will complete four projects.
• Fused Glass Pendant Necklace Tuesdays, May 14 and May 21 from 6 to 9 p.m. There is a tuition fee. Instructor is Sandra Dowie, 947-6000. Design and create your own original fused glass pendant necklace.
• More Hand-Building Pottery Wednesdays, May 29 through July from 6 to 9 p.m. There is a tuition fee. Instructor is Laurie Kester, 343-6599.
• Log Cabin Quilt Saturdays, April 13 and 20 from noon to 4 p.m. There is a tuition fee. The instructor is Charlotte Arcadi, 593-6741. Complete a log cabin quilt top during this class. Must bring your own sewing machine.
• Painting on Slate Sunday, April 14 from 2 to 5 p.m. There is a tuition fee. Instructor is Sandra Dowie, 947-6000.