Members of the Oswego County Teachers Association, the Civil Service Employees Association and the Oswego City School District have announced that the annual Stuff-A-Bus Campaign in underway.
Working in collaboration with United Way of Greater Oswego County, other area school districts, and more than a dozen business and organizations, the annual Stuff-A-Bus campaign collects donations of school supplies for distribution to less fortunate students throughout Oswego County.
Beginning in June Stuff-A-Bus Chairperson Jo Ann Conzone organized a number of events for Oswego school district employees to participate in, such as jeans day and a drawing for a Buccaneer basket.
The lucky winner of that basket was Jennifer Hauser.
“I am proud to say that the OCSD has donated $1,182 this past year towards the Stuff-A-Bus Campaign, as well as numerous school supplies,” Conzone said. “Last year, the Stuff-A-Bus Campaign helped more than 1,700 Oswego County students as we distributed over 8,600 school supplies.”
“We are very appreciative of the work that OCTA, along with CSEA, and all of our county school districts do to help make the Stuff-A-Bus campaign a success,” said Melanie Trexler, executive director of the United Way of Greater Oswego County.
“Hundreds of families benefit from this campaign and are grateful for the supplies they receive. Of course, this would not be possible without the support we receive from the businesses and organizations that host their own school supply collections and serve as official donation sites for the Stuff-A-Bus campaign,” Trexler said.
The highlight of the “Stuff-A-Bus” campaign will be a special collection day from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Aug. 20. School buses will be at the following sites to accept donations of school supplies:
- Wal-Mart on Route 49 in Central Square
- Wal-Mart on Route 104 in Oswego
- Wal-Mart on Route 3 in Granby
- Kinney Drugs at 3318 Main Street in Mexico
- Kinney Drugs at 3873 Rome Road in Pulaski
- Kinney Drugs at 17 South 1st Street in Fulton
- The Hannibal Village Market IGA, Route 3 in Hannibal
- Fulton Savings Bank parking lot, Route 57 in Phoenix
School supplies will be handed out to students in their respective school districts as follows:
- APW: 9 to 11 a.m., Aug. 22, APW bus garage
- Central Square: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Aug. 22, Central Square Education Center
- Fulton: 9 a.m. to noon Aug. 22 or until supplies last at Fairgrieve Elementary School
- Hannibal: noon to 2 p.m., Aug. 22, Kenney Middle School
- Mexico: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Aug. 22, Mexico Elementary School
- Oswego: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Aug. 22, Fitzhugh Park Elementary cafeteria
- Phoenix: 9 a.m. to noon, Aug. 22, Maroun Elementary
- Pulaski: 1 to 3 p.m. Aug. 22, Lura M. Sharp Elementary
- Sandy Creek: 6 to 7:30 p.m., Aug. 21, Sandy Creek Elementary School cafeteria