Before there was a Home Depot or Lowes, people could go to Morin Bros. store in Fulton to see fancy kitchen displays like this one. This photo from 1920 shows a newfangled icebox, cabinets and other amenities for this kitchen. Morin Bros, at 65 N. Second St., Fulton, began in 1878 as a lumber yard, but after a while expanded into hardware and building supplies. IA story in the Fulton Patriot in 1975 states Morin Bros. was the oldest business in Fulton still owned and operated by the same family. The business was reorganized in 1914, incorporated and began a coal business in 1923 and shut down the coal business in 1955. The store closed in 1986.
PHoto courtesy of fultonhistory.com