Oswego County Federal Credit Union awarded five college-bound high school seniors $500 John Powers/Jean Pasco Memorial scholarships at the recent annual meeting, it was announced by William Carhart, chief executive officer.
The winners are:
- Tory Jaskula, who will be attending Skidmore College majoring in physics
- Leah Weiss, who will attend Western New England College of Pharmacy
- Jacob Annal, who will attend the Rochester Institute of Technology and major in general studies
- Liam McMahon, who will attend State University College at Alfred to major in engineering science
- Emily Henderson, who will be attending RIT and majoring in medical illustration.
“We’re delighted to offer these scholarships in support of our future leaders and stewards of our community,” Carhart said.
Each winner submitted an application, essay and test transcripts in late winter.
“We wish them every success as they embark on their college careers,” Carhart said.