The Post Card Club of Oswego County will meet at 7 p.m. Sept. 10 at the McCrobie Civic Center, 41 Lake St. in Oswego.
Among post cards featured by the club is one of the light keeper’s house.
Located near the entrance of Fort Ontario overlooking the Oswego Harbor, the light keeper’s house is the oldest documented building in Oswego.
In 1821, Daniel Warren and William Cobb of Rochester entered into contract to build the house.
It was to be of stone, 34 feet by 20 feet, one story of 8 feet high divided into two rooms and with an entry between.
Orlo Steele was appointed keeper of the light, which was put in operation that year at Fort Ontario and continued until 1838.
Between 1841 and 1868, the building served as Fort Ontario’s post hospital. After this it was occupied by the historic site manager and his family.
For more information, call 695-5089 or 598-9537.