The State University College at Oswego has awarded $6,000 Deans’ Scholarships to a select group of students who are starting at the college this fall. They include:
- Courtney MacEwen of Fulton, John C. Birdlebough High School
- Jeremy Willcox of Fulton, G. Ray Bodley High School
- Karly Hotaling of Phoenix, John C. Birdlebough High School.
SUNY Oswego has awarded $3,000 Merit Scholarships to a select group of students who are starting at the college this fall.
- Shelby Roach of Fulton, Mexico Academy and Central School
- Christopher Prell of Hannibal, Hannibal Central School
- Samantha Decker of Pennellville, John C. Birdlebough High School
- Madison Beckley of Phoenix, Charles W. Baker High School
SUNY Oswego honored more than 600 incoming students with merit scholarships. Outstanding first-year students are offered Presidential Scholarships $18,800 ($4,700 a year for up to four years), Deans’ Awards ($1,500 a year for up to four years) or $3,000 Merit Awards ($750 a year for up to four years).
SUNY Oswego also bestowed $1,000 Merit Awards on a select group of transfer students starting at the college this fall. Local residents receiving the awards, with their last school include:
- Bryan M. Apa of Fulton, Cayuga Community College
- Sarah Bunnell of Fulton, Cayuga Community College
- Jessica A. Gilbert of Fulton, Buffalo State College
- Joann R. Lacey of Fulton, Cayuga Community College
- Mary Lenhart of Fulton, Herkimer Community College
- Evelyn E. Schwartz of Fulton, Cayuga Community College
- Andrew Best of Hannibal, Onondaga Community College
- Andrew R. Kyle of Hannibal, Onondaga Community College
Oswego’s merit awards recognize students’ past academic achievements and potential for success. A select group among the more than 700 transfer students received the awards. The awardees have a collective college grade-point average of 3.6 on the 4.0 scale.
The awards are part of about $4 million in merit scholarship money offered at SUNY Oswego. These funds are in addition to the more than $80 million in need-based grants, loans, work-study and scholarship awards that SUNY Oswego students receive annually.