by Andrew Henderson
Fifteen Oswego County residents were arrested last Thursday and charged with welfare fraud following an investigation conducted by the Oswego County Department of Social Services.
The arrested were made by members of the Oswego County Sheriff’s Office.
The investigation by DSS concluded in October. The charges included 13 counts of third-degree welfare fraud, a class D felony; 13 counts of third-degree grand larceny, a class D felony; two counts of fourth-degree grand larceny, a class E felony; fourth-degree welfare fraud, a class E felony; and 11 counts of offering a false instrument for filing, a class E felony.
The total value of the benefits is equal to over $109,000, which included Medicaid, Food Stamps, HEAP and Temporary Assistance.
The individuals included in these arrests were:
• Mark A. and Christine M. Allen of Phoenix.
• James R. and Lucy M. Baldwin of Williamstown.
• Shelly A. Burghart of Constantia.
• Mary E. Ladd of Mexico.
• Dennis J. and Gail Beaumont of Fulton.
• Laurie Dawes of Sterling.
• Brendan J. Relf of Fulton.
• Jason R. and Katrina J. Lewis of Cleveland.
• Jennifer L. Quackenbush of Oswego.
• Tom E. and Gay M. Ingerson of Pennellville.