Welcome to a week of upcoming premieres and celebrations at CNY Arts Center. There’s a lot happening this holiday season. Visit www.CNYArtsCenter.com for details and look for us here every week with the latest classes and events.
• “Yes, Virginia…The Musical” premieres Dec. 7-9 and Dec. 14-16 with 7:30 p.m. evening performances Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday matinees. Advance reservations are encouraged.
• Holiday Open House Dec. 8 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Come celebrate the holidays with us. You can make a holiday craft, learn to make exquisite holiday bows from an expert, enjoy refreshments, face painting, and art exhibit. Meet instructors in each of the art areas and sign up for classes starting in January. You can hear young local authors read from “I Live as a Cloud,” CNY Arts Center’s debut book of poems, short stories and art gathered throughout the year from area children. Books will be available for sale and signing.
• Santa Letters for your loved child or loved one. Let us take care of your child’s letter from Santa this year. We’ll personalize a letter to your child and include information only Santa will know about — with your help of course! Forms and information are available online at www.CNYArtsCenter.com. Deadline for requesting letters is Dec. 20.
• Oil Painting Dec. 4 from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. with Bonnie McClellan. Wet on wet technique, landscapes, step by step instruction in group setting start with a blank canvas, walk out with your very own painting. Wear old clothes, smock or apron for this 4 hour workshop with all materials provided. Pre-registration is required.
• Acrylic Workshop Dec. 11 from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Students will receive a 12×16 acrylic scenic painting hard canvas board.
• Jewelry Making Dec. 15 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Make holiday jewelry for gifts and create a piece of jewelry or jewelry set to take home
• Writing Your Holiday Gift Nov. 30, Dec. 7 and Dec. 14 from 1 to 3 p.m. with Jim Farfaglia. During the busy holiday season why not take some time to create your loved ones a special gift of your writing. This class will help you select an appropriate topic and writing form (memoir, poetry, fiction, etc), then will guide you through the process of creating your finished gift. No previous writing experience is necessary but pre-registration is required.
• Writer’s Café Dec. 9 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. This is an informal gathering for local writers and people who enjoy writing; a venue for local writers to share their work; all genres are welcome. Writer’s Café is a free event. Contact Farfaglia at 402-2297 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a place in the program to read your writings.
• Author Spotlight Dec. 12 at 7 p.m. will feature an evening with C.V. Abbott discussing his recently published memoirs “Classified Terminally Ill, A Young Man’s Story of Beating the Odds.” This is event is open to the public.
CNY Arts Center is located in the lower level of State St. Methodist Church, 357 State St., Fulton. Use the Park Street entrance. Those seeking yo pre-register for classes may visit www.CNYArtsCenter.com or call 592-3373.