Each year, the U.S. Department of Agriculture partners with local organizations like OCO to provide free meals to children when school is out for the summer. Funded through the New York State Education Department, the Summer Food Service Program provides free meals to all children 18 years and under. Meals will be available at the local sites and times. Orders for meals are placed the day before you attend.
• Palermo Recreation, 1779 Co. Rte. 4, Palermo. Breakfast and Lunch from 9 to 10 a.m. and from noon to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday until Aug. 10.
• Fulton Alliance Church, 1044 N.Y.S. Rte. 48, Fulton. Lunch from July 9 through July 13 from noon to 12:30 p.m. • Fulton CYO, 365 W. First St., Fulton. Lunch from July 5 through Aug. 12 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Fulton YMCA, 715 West Broadway, Fulton. Breakfast and lunch from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. through Aug. 31.
• CNY Arts Program, 357 State St., Fulton. Lunch from July 9 through July 20; from Aug. 6 through Aug. 10’ and Aug. 20 through Aug. 24 from noon to 12:30 p.m.
• Our Lady of Rosary VBS, 923 Cayuga St., Hannibal. Lunch from July 16 through July 20 and Aug. 20 through Aug. 24 from noon to 12:30 p.m.
• Hannibal Recreation, 824 Co. Rte. 34, Hannibal. Breakfast and lunch from July 9 through Aug. 10 from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
“We are happy to be able to offer the Summer Food Service Program,” said Dolbear. “I encourage families to participate in the program and remember that even though school’s out, meals are still in.”
Acceptance and participation requirements for the program and all activities are the same for all regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability, and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service. Those seeking more information on the program may call Victoria Stump at 598-4712.